Monday, February 11, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to The Lady Ranger.  What the title bar says is true.  I do work for the United States National Park Service.  In no way do my views reflect those of the National Park Service or other park service employees.  I am using this as a chance to tell the stories of a ranger, express my thoughts and opinions, ask questions, seek answers, and see what other people think about things that affect you, me, and our parks.  But this isn't just about the parks, but about our entire world.  I can't promise that this will be updated frequently, but I will do what I can.

Who am I?  I am a single female approaching 30ish, a college graduate with a BA in English and History {US, primarily SW}, MA in Interdisciplinary Studies (again English and History).  I have worked for the NPS since 2003 as a Museum Aide, Park Guide, Park Ranger, and Dispatcher.  I have worked in one park and one monument.  I put some of that information in because it is who I am and it does indicate how I might see our parks and the park service differently than someone else.  Along the sides I am trying to include links to sites that contain resources, information, and other blogs.  Please feel free to leave our comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments: