Friday, October 9, 2009

October? When did that happen

So at some point it became October. I know it comes around eventually, yearly as a matter of fact, but did not realize it would be this soon.

I have harvested the garden--about 2 weeks or so ago, and the only thing out there still are two pumpkins. We have had some really cold nights--i.e. the 20s, so I got out there after it got that cold the first time and picked everything. I was still worried about the tomatoes, but they have ripened nicely, so I have been enjoying those and have other stuff put away in the freezer. It was a nice little garden for my first real attempt, and I am excited about next year.

The leaves this year have reflected the cool temps in fabulous ways. In my 5 years here, this is the best variation of color that I have seen so far. It is starting to fade a bit, and the oranges and reds and browns (a lot of browns) are starting to take over. The tops of the mountains around us are a different color all together---WHITE. I know it is a sign of things to come here, but I hope it is not too soon.

No comments: